Saturday, August 17, 2013

Two new lights

My first titanium light, also my first with a rotating ring for the UI - the Sunwayman M11R Sirius.  Also picked up a new headlamp that I have been eyeing for awhile. Since I am awash in CR123a and RCR123a batteries, I have wanted a headlamp in this format.  This one is the Zebralight H31FC - 'F' for flood/frosted lens and the 'C' indicates it is a high CRI LED - looks similar to an incandescent light. Exactly what I want in a headlamp - pure flood, great tint/color rendition and CR123a. 

Added bonus of what appears to be a killer UI on the Zebralight - short click for high, long click for low and then short clicks to move between high, medium and low.  There are also sub levels that are accessible through clicks and a strobe as well (which I will never use.) 

First use of the Sunwayman has been positive, feels great in the hand, super straightforward UI - plenty bright with a RCR123a powering the U3 LED. This thing seems as bulky as say, my Novatac 120p, but carries WAY better - very light and clipped to a thigh pocket on my cargo-ish pants (Prana Zion pants - my new favorite casual summer pants: http://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-pant.html)
it is not obtrusive at all. 


Need to spend some time with these 
guys before doing a review - stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment